- This event has passed.
FSR-ERA – MIAMI RE Zoom: Fair Housing Act Title VIII 3hr CE
October 6, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Instructor: Richard H. Burch, CRB, CRS, GRI, TRC, e-PRO, AHWD
Zoom Link and Course material will be sent to class registrants the day prior to class.
Cameras must be on for the entire class. If your camera is not ON for the entire duration of the class, we are not permitted to give you CE hours.
- You can only miss 15 minutes to qualify for the 3hr Continuing Education. After 9:45am you are late and won’t qualify for the CE hours.
- We will be doing a poll during class to confirm your attendance. The instructor will give you a key word, write it down.
- This is a Continuing Education (CE) class and is not allowed to be videotaped for future viewing.
- The PowerPoint presentation that you will view tomorrow cannot be sent to the students.
- Cameras must be on for the entire class. It is a requirement of DBPR to approve the CE credit.
- After the completion of the course, please allow 5 business days for your CE hours to be reported to DBPR.
- Once your hours are reported I will send you an email notification, at this point you will be able to renew your license with DBPR.
Abrief history and understanding of the Fair Housing Act Title VIII and riskmanagement in your day-to-day real estate business.
At the end of this course, students willbe able to:
- Explain the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Understand and explain the Fair Housing Act Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act 1968
- List who is protected
- Explain Steering, Blockbusting and Redlining
- Understand the HUD complaint and Investigation process
- Understand the possible penalties for violation
- List and understand the most common Fair Housing violations
- List and understand common Landlord and property management violations
- Know what things to look out for in advertising
- Know the basics about fair hosing
- October 6, 2021
9:30 am - 12:30 pm