- This event has passed.
FSR-ERA – MIAMI RE Zoom: Fair Housing Act Title VIII – 3CE
February 7, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
A brief history and understanding of the Fair Housing Act Title VIII and risk management in your day-to-day real estate business.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the Civil Rights Acts of 1964
- Understand and explain the Fair Housing Act Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act 1968
- List who is protected
- Explain, Steering, Blockbusting, and Redlining
- Understand the HUD complaint and Investigation process
- Understand the possible penalties for violation
- List and understand the most common Fair Housing violations
- List and understand common Landlord and property management violations
- Know what things to look for in advertising
- Know the basics about Fair Housing
- You can only miss 15 minutes to qualify for the 3hr. Continuing Education. After 9:45am you are late and will not qualify for the CE hours.
- We will be doing a poll during class to confirm your attendance. The instructor will give you a key word, write it down
- This is a Continuing Education (CE) class and is not allowed to be recorded for future viewing.
- Cameras must be on (if attending virtually) for the entire class. It is a requirement of DBPR to approve the CE credit.
- After the completion of the course, please allow 5 business days for your CE hours to be reported to DBPR.
- Once your hours are reported, we will send you an email notification, at this point you will be able to renew your license with DBPR.
Instructor: Richard Burch
- February 7, 2022
9:30 am - 12:30 pm